Monday, July 23, 2012

Pete the Cat Love

I LOVE children's literature. If I had a lot of money, it would be very easy for me to spend it buying books. But, I'm a teacher, so I don't have a lot of money. I almost always look for books at thrift stores, where I can get a lot more for my buck.

This summer, I had some extra gift money, and decided to splurge.....on Pete the Cat.
Pete the Cat is really trendy right now among teachers, and for a long time I resisted the urge to jump on the bandwagon. But as I wrote about on this Book Love post, one day the music teacher used the book with my kids during music time and they were so engaged it was ridiculous...and I was singing and laughing right along with them. I was hooked.

 I love Pete the Cat.

As part of building my Pete the Cat collection, I decided to get the stuffed toy as well. One reading incentive I'm going to try this year is having the students earn the chance to read with a "reading buddy" like Pete the Cat during Read to Self. I have a few other toy characters from books that I will use, but I have the feeling Pete will be pretty popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment