Sunday, January 8, 2012

Book Love: Pete the Cat- I Love My White Shoes

Title: Pete the Cat- I Love My White Shoes
Author: Eric Litwin
Illustrator: James Dean

Why I Love This Book: Honestly, I had seen this book around on teacher blogs, and I just wasn't that interested to look into it. I guess you could say I was judging the book by its cover... But this past week, the music teacher at my school used this book with my class by putting the pages on a projector and playing the song that goes with it. The kids LOVED it, and so naturally, I did too. This is a fun way to get the kids engaged in a patterned story that explores colors, in addition to providing a simple message about taking what comes in life and "going with the flow." I would definitely suggest using the song to read this book aloud, as the storyteller's voice and music really bring the story to life. This would be an especially fun book for preschool through first grade aged students. Now I'm kind of excited to check out the other Pete the Cat books to see what they have to offer!


No comments:

Post a Comment