Monday, December 26, 2011

Book Love: Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect

Title: Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect
Author: Richard H. Schneider
Illustrator: Elizabeth J. Miles

Why I Love This Book: A teacher introduced this book to me last year, and I fell in love with it. I was pleasantly surprised to receive it as a gift this year for Christmas, and I'm so excited to add it to my library. The story is about Small Pine, a tree in that hopes to become the Queen's Christmas tree. It is beautifully written, and the messages about the beauty of charity and kindness are perfect for the Christmas season. The illustrations accompany the story beautifully as they highlight the details and emotion of the text. Although the text is a little long for very young children, the story could easily be simplified while reading aloud in order to share its message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment