Tuesday, February 7, 2012

100 Days Later



Today we celebrated our 100th day of Kindergarten- which means I am 100 days through my first year of teaching. In some ways I can't believe how fast the time is going by. I've been thinking about the nervous excitement I felt pretty much every day during the first few months of school. Everything was so new, and even though I have had a lot of experience in classrooms and working with kids, this was my first time doing it all on my own. It almost felt unreal to finally be running my own classroom after so many years of education and preparation.

100 days later, I still feel that feeling of nervous excitement sometimes, but most of the time it just feels normal to be a teacher in my own classroom. I'm learning so much and constantly working out the kinks, and I love it. I  even felt a bit sad today, realizing that we are more than half-way through the school year now and eventually I will have to say goodbye to my first Kindergarten class. But I've got plenty to keep us busy between now and then. There's so much more to do before this year is over!

As part of our Hundreds Day Celebration, we read this book:

And did some writing:
A lot of students wrote that they wanted to eat 100 Jellybeans, because they had jellybeans in the book we read. 

It made me happy to see that some students wrote about learning to share and be kind this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment