Friday, July 29, 2011

Getting Ready

Well, my name is on my classroom door, and that has made becoming a teacher feel very official. I've been busy this week cleaning, organizing and setting up my first classroom. It has certainly been an adventure! I've been really lucky to get a classroom that already had a lot of great materials in it, because as a brand new teacher I don't have much. And as all teachers know, that classroom budget only goes so far. So I've tried to find ways to be resourceful as I've been gathering supplies and materials.


There are a lot of projects I'd like to make, with the hope that it will save me some money in the long run. I've been inspired by so many teaching/parent/education/crafty blogs out there. Here are a few of the projects I'd like to take and make my own.

Finger Tracing Letter Set

Busy Trays- for math & literacy centers, or "teacher I'm finished" activities

I want to prepare this alphabet album for the kids to fill up during centers

Counting beads

Bean Counting Sticks for place value exploration

Texture sticks for sensory exploration

I also want to sew some chair pockets, although I'm nervous about another sewing project since my last attempt. :)

That's all for now. I'll post about my classroom once it is a little more put together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment