Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Book Love: Stars

Title: Stars
Author: Mary Lyn Ray
Illustrator: Marla Frazee

Why I Love This Book: I think I was drawn to this book because I find stars fascinating, and the night sky is such a great backdrop for imagination. This book goes beyond the stars that you see in the sky however, and is a beautiful look at nature in general. Hands down, my favorite part of this book is the illustrations. They are enchantingly beautiful. The text is very simply, but also thought-provoking, which gives it the opportunity to be a meaningful read for a variety of ages. I just love the deeper message of finding light in the darkness: "A star is how you know it's almost night. As soon as you see one, there's another and another. And the dark that comes doesn't feel so dark."


Side Note: My husband and I recently went camping down in Southern Utah, and we enjoyed taking some night photography. There really is something so awesome and beautiful about a sky full of stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment