Sunday, August 7, 2011

Book Love: I Can Be Anything!

Title: I Can Be Anything!
Author: Jerry Spinelli
Illustratior: Jimmy Liao

Why I Love This Book: This was another find as I was browsing in a book store one day. This is just a fun and happy book that celebrates imagination and believing in yourself- whether you want to be a "paper- plane folder" or a "puppy-dog holder." Many "when I grow up" stories focus on jobs and careers, which is an important thing to learn about, but I love that this book explores the idea that there are many other things that we can do and be in life, besides our jobs. I love that it places value on all of life's possibilities. Honestly, I think this is a book that younger kids, older kids, and kids-at-heart can all enjoy and learn from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment