Sunday, August 28, 2011

Book Love: First Day Jitters

*Back to School Book Love*

Title: First Day Jitters
Author: Julie Danneberg
Illustrator: Judy Love

Why I Love this Book: My site teacher gave this book to me last year at the end of my student teaching for 2 reasons. Mainly because it is a story about how even teachers get the jitters on the first day of school. But the character in this story is a teacher named Sarah (yes, spelled with an h--so not exactly like me, but close enough). I enjoyed reading this book to myself as I was preparing for my first first day of school as a teacher. I did feel a little bit jittery, but I was also really excited. :) This book is a great way to talk about some of the different emotions both teachers and students feel at the beginning of the school year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment