Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Distracted by Technology?

Technology is great, but there could be some dangers in letting those things distract us from what is most important. There could also be some dangers in allowing kids to be too absorbed with all things technology. Regardless of the advantages and necessity of technology these days, the fact remains that kids still need real interactions with people and materials to develop their brain capacity, as well as social and emotional skills.

Check out this article about one piece of technology that is distracting people (and parents) everywhere: the Smartphone. Now, I'm not saying Smartphones are all bad- I happen to own one...and I do love it. It adds a lot of convenience to my life. But, I am also guilty of letting it become too much of a distraction at times. This was a good reminder that playing on Smartphones instead of paying attention to our families might be causing harm in ways we never intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment