Sunday, June 26, 2011

Book Love: The Seven Silly Eaters

Title: The Seven Silly Eaters
Author: Mary Ann Hoberman
Illustrator: Marla Frazee


Why I Love This Book: This book was a favorite around my house when I was growing up, and maybe that's why I love it. But I also love the fun rhyming text, the creatively detailed illustrations, and the concept behind the story. It seems like kids tend to be pretty picky about what they eat, and the family in this story is full of picky kids. In the end though, all the kids decide to work together and put their preferences to good use by making their Mom a culinary surprise. This is just a fun (and silly) story that could be great to touch on themes of family or nutrition. It could also be used alongside a baking activity...but you'll have to read the book to find out exactly what to bake. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment